I’m developing a game using Cocos2d-x to Android and iPhone. At the beggining, I had a lot of problems to start using this library, so, in this question, I want to collect all basic, medium and expert tutorials because there are a lot of info questions doing the same mistakes. When I Started, I had to look a lot in many sites using my friend Google. Hope this helps people start now. All in c++.
- Official wiki links
- How to start in multi-platform HERE The best one. Amazing, XCODE (MAC) and ECLIPSE (LINUX) tutorial.
- A simple guide to Start
- Another multi-platform Guide
- Awesome guide to start programming on Eclipse + Android and DEBUG, thanks to Marcio Andrey
- Another way to integrate cocos2d-x on Android
- Social Example, Facebook + email + Twitter on iOS and Android HERE
- Scrolling scenes. Using CCParallaxNode. Space game example
- InfiniteParadax Class Here, to repeat same backgrounds all time.
- Slider code HERE the video.
- Split screen using 2 layers Here
- Sharped Label TTF, Better labels
- Integrating OpenFeint with cocos2d-x. I only found This example, Here more details.
- Archievement on GameCenter. Here
- I have not tested all, but work fine walzer’s Extensions
- MarkusPfundstein‘s extensions
- DualFace extensions, actually in development
- Clawoo examples
- Simple Game 1
- Simple Game 1 – part 2
- Simple Game 1 – part 3
- Cute a pult
- TileBased game
- Ballon Ride
- Demo and links collection
- supersuraccoon-cocos2d demos (Not all C++)
- supersuraccoon-cocos2d links collection
- Another code example: Tiny Wings Remake on Android using Cocos2d-X
- Audio format Supported
If you use Linux, please, don’t use cocos2d-android or cocos2d-android-1, is decreated. Try to use cocos2d-x
If you use Linux, and don’t know how to use native code, Take a look in development
CCLOG(“String”); Don’t work on Eclipse log cat, but CCLog do it!
Max textures size/resolution Here
Iphone use RETINA to draw textures in HD, but don’t are used on Android. My solution is use RETINA on iphone, and setscale compiling only in Android. Multi-resolution Wiki. In Example:
#if (CC_TARGET_PLATFORM == CC_PLATFORM_ANDROID) this->setObjectScale(1); #endif // CC_PLATFORM_IOS
- Your first example must be the official on the WIKI
** OFFICIAL PAGE COCOS2D-X **
What will need this question?
- XML Tutorial, i have nothing in this area. Actually, i’m working in some code. I will do a Tutorial. The library can be use is libxml2
- Creating menus example
- Slider menu example
- Gestures class don´t implemented yet
If you have problems, use tag Cocos2d-x in Stackoverflow, and I will try to help you.
I have already read the FAQ but 90 % of questions cocos2d/android related present the same problem, using obsolete libraries. I just want help people to start using cocos2d-x. All additional info will be Welcome.
Below are the methods you can try. The first solution is probably the best. Try others if the first one doesn’t work. Senior developers aren’t just copying/pasting – they read the methods carefully & apply them wisely to each case.
Another code example: Tiny Wings Remake on Android using Cocos2d-X
Good list. The Angry Ninjas Starter Kit will have a Cocos2d-X update soon.
Cocos2d-x within uikit tutorial http://jpsarda.tumblr.com/post/24983791554/mixing-cocos2d-x-uikit
, he is developing nice features on cocos2d-x
Cocos2d-x within your classic Android (Java) app tuto http://jpsarda.tumblr.com/post/26000816688/integrate-cocos2d-x-c-into-an-android-application
Here you got complementaries discussions about the topic, it can be interesting.
All methods was sourced from stackoverflow.com or stackexchange.com, is licensed under cc by-sa 2.5, cc by-sa 3.0 and cc by-sa 4.0